Working towards the elimination of human trafficking, the promotion of human dignity, global solidarity and empowerment of people in the Greater Mekong Sub Region (GMS)
- To promote and ensure collaboration and better cooperation within Caritas in GMS and other Catholic organizations, and like-minded organizations within the sub-region and other areas.
- To develop links and partnerships with other institutions, such as government agencies, private enterprises, academe, media, other faith-based groups, civil society organizations, and others, to further strengthen anti-human trafficking initiatives
- To update the members of the network with development research and assist in the generation of critical information
- To represent the Caritas organizations in the GMS towards policy makers; to ensure that local Caritas have access to policy reviews and advocate for policy changes.
- To lead Caritas organizations in the GMS in pinpointing potential strategies/develop strategic action (being able to synthesize what has been done and at the same time to develop new strategic directions)
- To lead Caritas organizations in the GMS in strengthening links with educational institutions to promote respect for human rights and concerns for human trafficking victims/ survivors.